Welcome back to the folks on every other week delivery schedule!
You will see we have a brand new name and website! We worked hard over the summer to improve our customers’ experience by creating a fully customizeable ordering system. However, last week we hit a lot of bumps! We apologize for the issues and thank you all for being so patient with us. We are hopeful that this week’s shopping experience is much smoother, as we have not been able to reproduce the issues while we were testing this week.
We have changed our shopping cart from making substitutions to completely customizing your box order. Your price adjusts automatically! If you only want 7 of the 8 items you will pay less than the $26 (local box) or if you want 12 ears of corn instead of 6, the price will increase accordingly. If you have any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit our blog post for a little tutorial on how to customize your orders
The Veggie Bin has Teamed Up with Daytona’s Front Porch Pickings!
Whew, we made it through the hot summer and excited to get back to deliveries. If you missed our email a couple of weeks ago — you missed our BIG news. The Veggie Bin has merged with Daytona’s farm to table service, Front Porch Pickings (FPP). The owners of FPP, Nicole Lebron and her dad, Jan Pittard and I have been “informally” working together since January 2011 when we both had only 20 to 30 customers each. We are excited to “officially” work together! Combined, we are serving over 800 customers from Jacksonville to Daytona under the name Front Porch Pickings.
So what does this mean for you? As a Veggie Bin member much will stay the same, but here are the changes we have implemented:
• Our Name: We will be taking the name Front Porch Pickings.
• More box options: We have added a Grab & Go Box, perfect mix of local and organic (global) items that you can eat raw for $28.
• More Store Items Available Each Week: One of the benefits of joining forces is that we will now have access to more products than previously offered as we will be going to more farms each week and have more items through our organic distributor.
• Large Fruit: Instead of double the fruit of our small fruit, it will now contain 6-7 different fruit items
• Billing: For your convenience, we will now bill all of our customers on the day of your delivery. Therefore, if you place your delivery on vacation hold, you don’t have to worry about a credit on your account because you won’t be charged unless we deliver!
• Thursday Delivery: All of our Thursday deliveries will now be on Wednesdays.
We want to thank all of our customers for making us a huge success! We look forward to serving you and your families for years to come.
Amie, Jan, & Nicole — and our newly expanded team
OUR STANDARD BOXES – please note that items may change due to weather or supply issues.
Local Bin (Mini): (Organic Cucumbers, NC Gala Apples, Slicing Tomatoes, Okra, Yellow Squash, Florida Avocado), Organic Green Cabbage, Multi Color Bell Peppers, Sweet Potatoes *** Please remember during these HOT HOT months we turn to regional farms to fill our local boxes!**
Organic Bin (Mini): (Organic Grape Tomatoes, Organic Macintosh Apples, Organic Cucumbers, Organic Green Cabbage, Organic Corn) Organic Celery, Organic Sweet Onions, Organic Cantaloupe
Grab & Go: Brocoli, Cauliflower, & Carrot Medley (Bagged), Organic Red Grapes, Cantaloupe, Organic Celery, Organic Cucumbers, Organic Macintosh Apples, Organic Grape Tomatoes
Fruit: Organic Macintosh Apples, Organic Red Grapes, Organic Pluots, Organic Bananas
Large Fruit: Organic Macintosh Apples, Organic Red Grapes, Organic Pluots, Organic Bananas, Cantaloupe, Organic Valencia Oranges, NC Gala Apples
Recipes Ideas – Don’t forget to share YOUR Veggie Bin creations on our Facebook page!
Stock Up on Staples!
Don’t forget to check out our online store for more veggies, fruit, and staples! We have a lot of new items.
Have no fear! If you do not like on our our selected items in your regular sized organic or local bin, you have the choice to remove it and double another item that’s already in the bin or make a substitution. And if you have too many veggies, the great news is that you can always select French Pantry Baguettes as one of your substitutions!